Middle School Mathematics Teacher
The Fenn School, Concord, MA
The Fenn School seeks candidates for a part-time position (~0.875FTE) teaching sixth, seventh, and eighth-grade Mathematics, and serving as a seventh-grade advisor and athletics coach. A successful candidate will be a proactive and collaborative educator who can support the mission of the school and work well with students, parents, faculty, and staff. Specific characteristics needed include strong classroom management skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Candidates should possess an understanding of the social, emotional, cognitive, and developmental aspects of middle school boys, as well as a familiarity with current best practices for helping boys become confident and successful mathematicians.
Two or more years of teaching experience is preferred.
The Fenn School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body. A successful candidate will, therefore, be a proactive and collaborative educator who is also committed to the manifestation of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in the Fenn community. The ideal candidate will be able to support Fenn’s mission in all work with students, parents, faculty, and staff. Fenn strongly encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Planning and teaching three Math courses in grades six through eight
- Collaborating with colleagues in the Math Department
- As an advisor, supporting the social, emotional, and academic development of advisees in partnership with parents and the Division Head
- Athletic coaching in Fenn’s Middle School (grades six and seven)
- Completing regular formal reporting of student performance
- Keeping the Math Department Chair and Division Heads informed about student progress
- Experience teaching Math to similarly-aged students
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional training or experience preferred
- A love for working with boys
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with and commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work in a school setting
- A track record of successful classroom management skills
- Proficiency with technology in support of learning
Fenn offers a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for professional references via email attachment to Nat Carr, Assistant Head of School for Faculty and Professional Development, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.
The Fenn School does not discriminate in hiring or terms or conditions of employment on the basis of sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, marital status, military or veteran status, application for military service, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.