In addition to aligning with AISNE Standards of Accreditation, AISNE-accredited schools must have:
- A clear statement of mission and philosophy
- Three or more consecutive grades in kindergarten through grade 9 or equivalent
- Incorporation as a not-for-profit organization as attested by federal and state records
- A non-discrimination statement as required by law
- An appropriately constituted and substantially independent governing board, in accordance with the by-laws of the corporation
- Policies and procedures to ensure that any perceived or actual conflicts of interest for board members are disclosed and managed appropriately
- Annual financial audit, performed by an independent certified public accountant, that demonstrates adequate financial resources to carry out its mission
I have always believed the accreditation process is essential for schools that want to continue to better serve their students. From the writing of the self-study to the input from the visiting team, the process has helped our school to be able to celebrate our many strengths and consider opportunities for improvement. Our school is a better school because of AISNE accreditation.
– AISNE Member Head of School
Elementary and middle schools interested in accreditation by AISNE should contact Accreditation Director, Sara Wilson.