Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, Hingham, MA
Notre Dame Academy, a Catholic school sponsored by Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, educates and
empowers young women in grades 7-12. We are an academically rigorous learning community that cultivates
life-long learners, critical thinkers, and open-minded leaders. We welcome students of all religious traditions
guiding them in their personal faith formation and inspiring them to see the goodness of God as we honor the
dignity of the individual and care for all creation.
The Interim Athletic Director position is full-time (hours vary depending on weekly schedule) from December 15,
2022 through June 30, 2023. This individual is responsible for the vision, planning, development, and execution
of all interscholastic athletic programs, staff, and coaches at Notre Dame Academy. The Interim Athletic Director
reports to the Principal and President. This position works closely with faculty, staff, and coaches to deliver a
holistic and integrated NDA student experience, anchored in the hallmarks of the mission of the Sisters of Notre
Dame de Namur.
• Manage, develop, and maintain a professional staff of 2 full-time employees, winter and spring coaches.
• Manage and maintain the athletics budget.
• Manage and maintain all schedules, transportation, and administration of all teams within NDA and MIAA
rules of eligibility, management, and conduct.
o Complete spring team schedules
• Maintain key relationships with Principal, President, Administrative Team, and other colleagues to ensure
athletics programs are seamlessly integrated, promoted, and communicated to all key constituencies.
o Collaborate with key areas in regards to School Calendar Athletic Events
• Manage and maintain appropriate relationships to ensure proper facility management, use policies, and
• Other duties not listed, as requested
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
• Office 365 proficient
• CPR/AED & First Aid Certified
• Preferably skilled in Arbiter and MIAA policies and Schedule Star
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelors Degree in Athletic Administration or comparable experience preferred
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE POSSESSES:
• An understanding, commitment, and appreciation for a Catholic, all-girls educational environment and
NDA’s mission and core values
• Excellent project management and time-management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects,
meet project deadlines, communicate well with all constituents
• Ability to prioritize and to set and meet deadlines. Ability to effectively handle various duties
simultaneously and works well under pressure
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
Notre Dame Academy seeks to create a working and learning environment that reflect the society and
community in which we are located, and we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply