Long-Term Substitute Visual Arts Teacher
Tower School, Marblehead, MA
Tower School is an independent Pre-K–8 school located in Marblehead, MA. Our mission is to teach our students to think critically and creatively, to develop joyful curiosity, to embrace, challenge and apply their knowledge with confidence, and to thrive within a community rich with diverse perspectives and talents.
Tower seeks a full-time, enthusiastic, collaborative, and experienced Visual Arts teacher to teach March 21, 2022 until June 14, 2022.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in art or in education
- A depth and breadth of studio art skills
- Experience teaching visual art to students ages 4-14
- Experience teaching with a variety of drawing, painting, sculpting, textiles and ceramic materials
- Ability to work collaboratively with art department colleagues to support a spiraling art curriculum and incorporate a wide range of media, color theory and art history
- Experience displaying student artwork is preferred
- An ability to respond with kindness and patience to students’ developing emotional needs and learning styles
Tower seeks teaching faculty who demonstrate an interest in participating fully in the life and activities of a highly engaging elementary and middle school and will contribute to furthering Tower’s mission. Successful candidates will exhibit a strong work ethic, a warm sense of humor, well-developed written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to inspire young people.
Tower School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Tower welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. A classroom teaching position is physically demanding and qualified candidates will need to exhibit appropriate abilities. Appropriate accommodations can be made where necessary.
Please email a resume and a statement of your teaching philosophy to Patti Gillis, Academic Administrative Associate & Registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org.