Upper School Science Teacher
Rocky Hill Country Day School, East Greenwich, RI
Rocky Hill Country Day School seeks a highly qualified Upper School Science Teacher.
Rocky Hill Country Day students grow to become navigators, critical thinkers, citizens, and communicators, who are innovative, self-aware, ethical, and globally-minded through our focus on an interactive, inquiry-based educational experience, mindfulness, and meaningful relationships with adults on campus. Our multifaceted student body is made up of domestic and international students, and our intentionally small school community allows for individualized instruction and creates a familial setting throughout campus. Rocky Hill students and faculty wrestle with necessary, candid conversations in equity and belonging, both to build the school community we strive to have and to prepare students for the world they will shape. Overlooking acres of saltwater marsh on the magnificent coast of Narragansett Bay, Rocky Hill Country Day School’s stunning campus fosters exploration and discovery for students in all divisions, nursery through grade 12. Rocky Hill Country Day School graduates are bold learners, prepared to navigate a complex and changing world.
We are looking for a science teacher who is:
- confident in their teaching experience.
- able to teach Marine Biology, Environmental Science, and Biology courses.
- able to meet students where they are.
- experienced with inquiry based learning and place based education.
- engage in inquiry based pedagogy, including project-based learning and other experiential approaches, and embed mindfulness practices into the classroom experience. Knowledge of these approaches is beneficial, and a willingness to develop them is essential,
- must be able to differentiate classroom instruction to address varied learning profiles,
- develop healthy, supportive relationships with students and their families,
- should be comfortable with making decisions in the moment,
- eagerly collaborate with RHCD community members,
Upper School teachers serve as an advisor to a small group of students. All teachers fulfill an additional duty as assigned by their Division Head.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with a masters preferred. Experience in the field is advantageous. This opportunity requires excellent strategies and skills in communication, collaboration, and organization with an appreciation for confidentiality, equity, belonging, and professional growth.
Start date: August 2022
Founded in 1934, Rocky Hill Country Day School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school in East Greenwich, RI made up of 300 students in nursery through grade 12. To learn more about our community, please visit www.rockyhill.org. Our waterfront campus is on the Potowomut peninsula and offers a unique setting, where students and faculty alike demonstrate a sense of energy, imagination, and entrepreneurial spirit. Rocky Hill Country Day School stands firmly behind the principle that the admission of students, the employment of faculty and staff, the operation of programs, and the governance of the School be open to all who are qualified regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ethnic origin, gender identity, or caste. We seek individuals committed to the equity and belonging work we engage in as we continually strive to improve.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume BY EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com.