Theater Tech Coordinator
The Park School, Brookline, MA
|About the Park School|
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park’s program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to their greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park’s faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The Park School seeks a dynamic, flexible, patient, and technologically adept Theater Tech Coordinator for this 12-month position. This individual will report to the Division Heads. The ideal candidate will have a strong background with middle school-aged students as well as theater tech experience.
|Roles & Responsibilities|
- Manage technical aspects of afterschool productions: designing and building sets, hanging and writing light/sound cues, and teaching students how to run performances.
- Catalog, organize, and maintain the theater’s lighting instruments, sound equipment, boards, and tech booth.
- Coordinate lighting and sound as needed for Morning Meeting and additional gatherings, meetings, events, etc. in the theater
- Coordinate lighting and sound for major school events, including working with outside vendors
- Collaborate with Drama Department Chair to organize and maintain the theater shop
- Support drama electives as needed
- Establish and implement expectations for student safety and conduct; and procedures and routines, consistent with School policies
- Collaborate with all Park School employees as appropriate
- Participate in and contribute to an adult learning community by engaging in meetings, discussions, committees, task forces, and professional development.
- Complete administrative tasks and coverage duties as assigned (student supervision, attendance, reporting, documenting curriculum, etc.)
- Utilize feedback and reflection to improve practice and performance
- Ensure that respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion, social emotional learning, and academic excellence are emphasized as core values of the School
- Participate in school community activities
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree or additional specialized training preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of theater tech experience preferred.
- Experience working with school-aged children is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with students, colleagues, and other adults
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a culturally diverse community
- Motivation for and interest in professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in teaching and learning
- Previous experience and/or interest in athletic coaching or supporting student-led clubs, organizations and events
- To apply, visit the posting on our careers page and click apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and statement of teaching philosophy with your application.
- The Park School offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a strong professional development program.
- We welcome candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the United States. The Park School will not sponsor an employment visa or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time for this role.