Esperanza Academy, Lawrence, MA
Responsible and caring substitute staff needed for day to day/on-call/per diem teaching and support staff roles. In addition to classroom responsibilities, there may be duties such as supervision of student arrival/dismissal/lunch, and/or office work such as copying and other assignments.
Substitutes will be assigned to cover a specific subject area for the day, which will include students in each grade level 5-8. Classes are 15-18 students per grade. Substitute teachers who indicate flexibility with respect to availability have a distinct advantage.
Hours are 7:15am-5:15pm These positions are part-time. Substitutes will be called when needed with as much advance notice as possible. Pay is $200 per day and these positions do not include employee benefits.
ABOUT ESPERANZA ACADEMY: At Esperanza Academy, we are fortunate to serve our students, their families, and the community of Lawrence. We are a tuition-free independent middle school for girls. By creating a culture of achievement in which academic success and self-discovery are paramount, we protect and nurture the innate confidence that each of our girls possesses. We accomplish this by being a restorative justice school that believes that relationships must come first.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Educational training and/or teaching experience preferred;
- Experience working with/supervising children preferred;
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse population;
- Passionate commitment to the academic and personal success of Lawrence students and families;
- Ability to take initiative and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced school environment while remaining calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges; and
- Current Authorization to work in the United States required.
To Apply, Please Submit the Following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application and/or Current resume
- Three references (Reference Name, Phone Number, and Email Address)
Prior to in school assignment
- Submit screening/CORI/SORI and fingerprinting requirements.