Social Studies Teacher
The Sage School, Foxborough, MA
Do you enjoy teaching high-school level social studies and have the energy, passion, and creativity to engage with gifted middle school students? Are you interested in joining a dynamic humanities department that promotes the qualities of leadership and citizenship?
The Sage School, is a Pre-K through Grade 8 school enrolling 165 students in Foxboro, MA. A school for gifted and talented students, Sage is committed to providing advanced academics to students from the greater Boston and Providence areas and beyond. We are a small, cohesive, nurturing community that values the free expression of ideas, the individual contributions of our members, and all types of diversity. We are committed to the core values of Passion, Excellence, Respect, and Collaboration. In its hiring practices, The Sage School does not discriminate, and seeks to maximize the diversity of the school, in terms of class, gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities/disabilities, and language.
The Sage School is looking for an engaging, creative, and approachable social studies teacher to teach grades 6th-8th grade. Our humanities program is committed to interdisciplinary learning, which combines history and English. As a social studies teacher, the instructor will work closely with the Upper School humanities team. Social studies curriculum includes project-based learning, Socratic seminars, historical simulations, debate, expository writing, and adaptive independent work.
The ideal candidates will
- Have a passion for teaching and inspiring students.
- Set high expectations coupled with a nurturing classroom setting.
- Use the curriculum to advance the character and social and emotional growth of our students.
- Continuously assess student comprehension and set goals with students for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other teachers and other grade levels to create interdisciplinary and inter-grade level curriculum.
- Engage in curriculum-specific summer professional development.
- Maintain a sense of humor and compassion.
- Possess strong writing skills and be comfortable communicating students’ progress with parents in narrative form and in person.
- Experience teaching high school, gifted middle school, and/or Model United Nations.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic field is required; a Masters degree is preferred.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter/educational philosophy, and three letters of reference to:
The Sage School
171 Mechanic Street
Foxboro, MA 02035