The Park School, Brookline, MA
About the Park School
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education.The cornerstone of Park’s program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to their greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park’s faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The Senior Accountant is a member of the School’s Business Office department and reports to the Controller. This full time, 12 month position is a key contributor in the proper accounting and reporting for the School and supporting the financial needs of faculty and staff. The ideal candidate will bring a history of collaborative, self-directed work as well as a good sense of humor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and manage monthly reconciliation for all cash accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and assist with the monthly close process.
- Collaborate with the Bookkeeper to reconcile major payable accounts monthly.
- Collaborate with the Summer & Auxiliary Programs Coordinator to reconcile all summer and auxiliary programs income and expenses.
- Download and record monthly tuition revenue and reconcile receivables in collaboration with the Controller.
- Manage the School’s credit card program.
- Support the Controller in preparation of the financial statement audit, 403(b) audit, Form 990, MA PC, and 1099s, as needed.
- Serve as the primary contact for purchasing; supporting faculty and staff with maintaining accounts with third party vendors such as Amazon, WB Mason, and other organizations.
- Respectfully engage with a diverse community and ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion is emphasized as a core value of the School.
- Support planning and organization of the business office including maintaining efficient record keeping of:
- All vendor contracts
- All tax and regulatory filings
- Insurance policies
- Other areas as requested
- Compile, maintain, and submit statistics for benchmarking as requested.
- Serve as a welcoming presence in the Business Office and be available to greet visitors and answer the phone, as needed.
- Seek and obtain relevant professional development for the position on an ongoing basis.
- As requested and as time permits, support the Business Office team with its continuing responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or accounting required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel as well as knowledge of Blackbaud or other accounting software.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a culturally diverse community including diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, language, family structure, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
To apply, visit the posting on our careers page and click apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
The Park School offers competitive salaries and benefits, including a strong professional development program.
We welcome candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their work.
The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition, or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.