Chapel Hill – Chauncy Hall School, Waltham, MA
The Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School is seeking a creative, progressively minded, and hard-working individual to serve as one of our School Counselors beginning as soon as possible. As a school that embraces Multiple Intelligences philosophy and works with a widely diverse group of students and families, we seek employees who work diligently to reach our entire community and believe in the potential of all people. Our School Counselors play a vital role in supporting our students as they take on the challenges of adolescence in healthy and productive ways.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- working directly with students in need of social-emotional support
- partnering with faculty and staff in support of our students
- coordinating with the counseling and wellness team, lead by the Director of Counseling & Wellness, to develop and deliver wellness programming for students
- communicating and coordinating with outside service providers as needed
- communicating and coordinating with parents & guardians
- working with our Admissions Office to evaluate potential students
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- A willingness to work hard and have fun
- Creative and thoughtful approaches to complex problem solving
- A deep and abiding respect for, and enjoyment of, teenagers
- Experience counseling adolescents, ideally from within a school setting
- A Master’s Degree in School Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, or Social Work
Our School Counselor reports directly to the Director of Counseling & Wellness for completion of all duties.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to: Josh Bubar, Assistant Head of School, at email@example.com. Mailing address: Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School, 785 Beaver Street, Waltham, MA 02452. No phone calls please. Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School is an equal opportunity employer.