Riverbend School, Natick, MA
Riverbend School, an innovative Toddler-8th Grade Montessori community, seeks a full-time Primary Teacher to begin on August 29, 2022. This a 10-month position and is benefits-eligible. Riverbend School prides itself on its diverse and gender-inclusive staff and student population and welcomes candidates from a variety of races, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
Scope of Work:
Support the Montessori classroom instruction for ages 3-6
Assist and support the Lead Montessori teacher in designing and preparing an inviting Montessori environment. Support the cognitive, social/emotional, and physical achievement of children as well as for their safety and well-being. Work as a team with the Lead Teacher to provide a consistent, predictable school environment and experience for students.
- Have an appreciation and understanding of the Montessori philosophy and methods
- Assist in the preparation of a classroom environment in which furnishings and materials are complete and correspond to the needs of the class.
- Assist the Lead Teacher in monitoring the day to day activities of the classroom
- Associate’s degree. (This position has an opportunity for advancement to a Lead Primary Teacher; requires a completed Bachelor’s degree and willingness to complete Montessori certification.)
- Clear CORI and MA fingerprinting
Commitment to DEIJ:
Riverbend School is committed to becoming an anti-bias and anti-racist community. All candidates must be committed to furthering this work by embracing differences; exploring and affirming the identities and intersections of all which include race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomics, social class, family structures, learning differences, and differences in ability. Candidates must be comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment.
Riverbend School is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment. Riverbend strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, veteran status, or any other class protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees of Riverbend School are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.