Middle School History Teacher
The Derryfield School, Manchester, NH
The candidate must be interested in teaching 6-8 grade History in particular Social Justice curriculum. They should possess positive interpersonal skills, enjoy working with middle school students, and have the energy and interest to contribute to the school community in a variety of areas. Responsibilities of the position include a combination of classroom teaching, student advising, and leading or serving as an assistant of extracurriculars such as clubs and/or academic or athletic teams.
Qualified candidates should have:
- A degree in History or a related field.
- Experience teaching History and/or Social Studies at the middle school level.
- Energy and interest to contribute to the school community in a variety of areas working. with students beyond the classroom (e.g. coaching, clubs, trips).
- A growth mindset and flexible nature to take on new challenges and adjust to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Proven commitment to equity and the belonging of all community members.
- Experience teaching civics and/or social justice curricula.
- Experience working with colleagues to develop curriculum and program.
Salary for this position is competitive with similar positions for day schools in New England. For information about the school, please visit our website at discover.derryfield.org. An equal opportunity employer, Derryfield is fully committed to attracting, retaining, and developing the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, age, nation of origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.