Mental Health Counselor
The Oliverian School, Haverhill, NH
Oliverian School seeks a masters-level clinician to provide mental health counseling to our bright, engaging, and vulnerable high school students. We are an alternative, college-preparatory boarding high school for bright adolescents who are struggling with challenges such as anxiety, depression, school avoidance, and learning differences. We help students embrace their unique identities, purpose, and voice so that they can contribute to any situation to find their place in the world.
Oliverian counselors carry a caseload of 10-15 students, providing individual therapy to each student to help them reach their therapeutic goals. Counselors work closely with students’ academic advisors and dorm parents to ensure a collaborative, coordinated approach throughout the milieu. Counselors provide parent coaching and family work when needed. Counselors participate in educational and recreational programming and are integral members of our school community.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be licensed or license ready in the state of New Hampshire.
- Love working with adolescents.
- Have provided therapy in a school setting or within a community model.
- Be comfortable and experienced with a wide range and intensity of mental health issues, including safety assessment and planning.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with all necessary stake-holders and maintain organized and detailed clinical documentation.
- Have a Master’s in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related degree.
- Have knowledge of, and experience utilizing, various therapeutic modalities. Knowledge of Evidence Based Practices and a willingness to engage in Practice Based Evidence, as well as other related clinical assessment skills.
- Health Insurance, Flexible Spending Plan, Vision Plan and Dental Plan
- 503b Retirement Plan: With standard matching per school plan
- Time-Off: 6- 8 weeks of vacation during regular school breaks
- Family Leave: Per school plan
- Clinical supervision
- Meals: Meals are available to faculty and their family and visitors
- Housing: On campus housing provided
If you are passionate about creating positive and supportive relationships with teens, please reach out to us!
Oliverian is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.