Miss Hall’s School, Pittsfield, MA
Applications Accepted Starting 1/25/2023
Application Review Starting 2/8/2023
Miss Hall’s School seeks a full-time Math Teacher for the 2022-23 school year. The MHS Math Department is committed to diversifying its staff and expanding its offerings, based on the expertise of a globally oriented educator with strong teaching credentials. A collaborative, inspiring, and innovative educator, a Miss Hall’s School Math Teacher actively participates in delivering a curriculum that emphasizes a solid foundation in math and the integration of activity-based experiences. This teacher will participate in innovative curricular design, with partnerships across disciplines. A Math Teacher can expect to teach four, full-year courses and work in the Math Center, as well as perform other duties related to teaching, such as advising, and in committee work. We desire a collaborative, inspiring, and innovative teacher who advocates for the students and mission of MHS. The Math Department is committed to diversifying its staff and expanding its offerings, based on the expertise of a globally oriented educator with strong teaching credentials.
Miss Hall’s School inspires and encourages each girl to pursue the highest standards of learning and character; to contribute boldly and creatively to the common good; and to seek a purposeful life based on honor, respect, growth, and personal authenticity.
At Miss Hall’s School, we champion social justice; insist that all community members demonstrate respect for each other through words and actions; and affirm that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to learning and problem solving, discovery and personal growth, and cultivating empathy and cultural competency. Guided by these beliefs, and with the understanding that being an inclusive community requires ongoing work and commitment, we foster cross cultural dialogue and allyship to honor and celebrate our diverse community.
- At least two years of experience teaching at the high school or college level
- Bachelor’s Degree in math, math education, or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge base and comfort with teaching all levels of mathematics, including teaching advanced Calculus classes
- Demonstrated interest in, commitment to, and ability to work with students of varied academic levels and interests
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and to serving a diverse, global community
- Commitment to the Miss Hall’s School Mission and Core Values
Salary benchmarked with NAIS medians and commensurate with experience