Major Gifts Officer
Noble and Greenough School, Dedham, MA
Founded in 1866, Noble and Greenough School, a non-sectarian, independent day and 5-day boarding school for grades 7-12 located in Dedham, MA is searching for a Major Gifts Officer to join its Development team. Reporting to the Campaign Director, this position will identify and cultivate relationships with prospective major gift donors and planned giving donors.
The Major Gifts Officer position is charged with cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of 75-100 major gift prospects from within the Nobles community (prospects who can make a $100,000+ gift), as well as soliciting leadership-level annual fund gifts (Annual Nobles Fund/ANF) and senior parents fund (First Class Fund for Faculty/FCFF). The role will manage the planning and fundraising for 1-2 reunion classes per year, as well as assist with other special projects and efforts as needed.
The ideal candidate will have five years or more of fundraising experience, preferably at an independent school or in higher education, and have exceptional managerial, organizational, and communication skills. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Also, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Must be detail-oriented with a proven ability to handle multiple projects seamlessly in a fast-paced environment while working towards achieving specific goals and outcomes
- Must enjoy working on a motivated team, using all communication channels to meet, engage, and develop relationships with prospects and community members
- Must be a proven leader and self-starter with outstanding judgment and discretion, exceptional interpersonal skills, and diplomatic tact relating to correspondences with donors, colleagues, and the larger Nobles community
- Must be able to research and develop short and long-term fundraising strategies, as well as manage a moves management program, for major gift prospects
- Must be able to work collaboratively and inclusively with development colleagues in general and in support of campaign efforts and goals
- Must be willing to fully participate in Nobles’ extensive advancement program by attending periodic evening, weekend, and, occasionally, out-of-town events, including campaign and donor stewardship events
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be experienced with database management tools, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Must be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
Noble and Greenough School in Dedham, Massachusetts, has engaged DovetailED to lead the search for a Major Gifts Officer for immediate hire with flexibility for the right candidate through July 1, 2024. People of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, religious minorities, and members of other historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should review the position statement and submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references with contact information as a single PDF document to DovetailED President Zack Lehman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refrain from contacting the school directly.