Kindergarten Lead Teacher
Lincoln School, Providence, RI
Lincoln School, founded in 1884, is an independent K-12 Quaker girls’ school in Providence, Rhode Island. We are currently seeking applicants for a full-time Kindergarten Lead Teacher beginning in August 2023. Lincoln School values working with a diverse faculty and staff and seeks applications from individuals who share our commitment to educating girls to fearlessly embrace the opportunities and responsibilities of full citizenship in a complex world.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for all aspects of the Kindergarten Grade classroom:
- Creates a joyful and respectful classroom environment that celebrates the uniqueness, perspective and cultural background of each individual and that is actively anti-racist
- Fosters a classroom culture of challenge, active learning, engagement, independence, and perseverance
- Maintains a safe and organized classroom which supports student learning, collaboration, and choice
- Understands the subject matter, pedagogical approaches, and resource materials of the grade level
- Designs unit and lesson plans that use a variety of instructional formats, are differentiated, and include multiple opportunities for formative assessment; uses assessment to adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs
- Uses available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences
- Evaluates student performance and maintains accurate records
- Effectively communicates student progress and goals to families and colleagues to support student learning
- Actively participates in staff meetings, committee work, and school events
- Builds strong, appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members by communicating in a knowledgeable, courteous, and confidential manner
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous professional growth
We seek a dynamic teacher who inspires students and works collaboratively and creatively with colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in elementary education preferred
- Elementary classroom teaching experience required
- Experience with Reggio Emilia approach preferred
- A passion for teaching and learning and an understanding of developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Continuing interest in professional growth
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, with a desire to collaborate with colleagues
- Professionalism in all aspects of the job
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, a cover letter including a statement of educational philosophy, and a list of 3-5 references to Julie Stafford, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
More information about Lincoln School can be found on our website at www.lincolnschool.org.
Lincoln School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Members of groups historically underrepresented in independent schools are strongly encouraged to apply.