Inly School, Scituate, MA
Inly School is an independent PreK–8 Montessori-plus School located in Scituate, MA, 25 miles south of Boston. It has a student population of approximately 340 students, 76 employees, and serves 20 towns on the South Shore.
At Inly School our dynamic Montessori+ practices inspire our inclusive community of learners to explore and shape ourselves and the world with joyful curiosity, courage and compassion. Our commitment to anti-racist and anti-bias teaching practices are the privilege and responsibility of every member of the Inly Community. Inly School actively seeks faculty, families and leadership who embrace and practice skills that reflect our Montessori core values of collaboration, respect, compassion and empathy.
Inly School seeks an experienced Librarian to team-teach in a multi-age environment (grades K-8) beginning in August, 2023.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design comprehensive curriculum for Library
- Prepare and deliver engaging, age appropriate lessons which will build information gathering skills
- Write and maintain lesson plans for all levels taught
- Manage two annual book fairs
- Maintain collection for teachers and caregivers
- Read current literature about children’s books — engaging with professional opportunities and organizations
- Create opportunities to collaborate with classroom teachers and other specialists, to integrate curriculum strands into specialist areas.
- Access all resources of the school, including colleagues, the Learning Services team and the Head of School to ensure that each student receives the support they need
- Create and maintain a prepared environment that is well ordered, clean, inviting, encourages student exploration and growth, and facilitates each student’s growing concentration and independence
- Collection development
- Weed outdated material
- Perform a yearly inventory
- Provide reference and reader’s advisory services
- Create a culture of reading
- Promote new books
- Create the summer reading list
- Work with all levels to ensure proper alignment of book and literature selections throughout the school
Strong Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s in Library Science or Master’s in Children’s Literature preferred or comparable experience (training available for qualified candidates)
- Minimum of three years experience
- Desire to collaborate and contribute to a progressive school environment
- An understanding of Montessori philosophy and pedagogy, as well as an interest in current educational research and innovative practices
- A demonstrated ability to embrace multicultural perspectives with experience building an inclusive environment and a commitment to anti-bias teaching practices
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance; supplemental life insurance available
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick (faculty only) and personal time
- Flexible spending plans for both medical and dependent care
- Tuition assistance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Life, AD&D (employer paid), Vision
- Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness
- Employer paid LTD, STD
- Free AM/PM Club and Discovery program for enrolled students of faculty
To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.