Director of Marketing and Communications
Dedham Country Day School, Dedham, MA
Dedham Country Day School (DCD) seeks a talented, creative, and nimble Director of Marketing and Communications to join the robust faculty in our Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8 community. This full-time role is responsible for overseeing DCD’s marketing and communications program, leading the creation and dissemination of content that reinforce the school’s values, mission, and child-centric program with key constituencies. This is a full-time position that reports to the Chief Advancement Officer and coordinates closely with the Assistant Head/Director of Admissions, with collaboration across the entire school community.
- Develop and execute annual integrated communications and marketing strategies/plans
- Responsible for production of Annual Bulletin, Annual Report, School Handbook, and Curriculum at a Glance publications
- Oversee content creation and strategies for managing all DCD social media channels
- Oversee production of weekly eNews for current families
- Administer digital asset management system for photos and video
- Assist with creation and dissemination of timely/emergency communications
- Support Annual Fund, Campaign, and Special Events Directors in producing printed and electronic solicitation materials, messaging, and other materials
- Help manages school interactions with the media
- Oversee all videography and photography projects
- Collaborate with all school constituencies, including the parents’ association, faculty, staff, administrative team, and others to help meet their communications needs
Admissions and Marketing:
- Develop annual marketing calendar to support strategic plan
- Oversee creation of admissions marketing materials including digital and printed advertising, paid social advertising, event invitations, flyers and publicity related to enrollment marketing and retention
- Manage strategy, design, and content of school website
- Oversee creation of publicity for school-wide community events
Advancement Office and Community:
- Manage and mentor DCD’s Content Media Specialist
- As a member of the Advancement Team, support school events and activities as necessary
- Participate in the school community as a contributing member, helping with weekly duties shared by all faculty and staff
- Optional coaching in our Middle School Athletics program comes with a separate stipend and is encouraged
Strong candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience working in marketing and/or communications, ideally at an independent school or in higher education
- Strong written and verbal communications skills along with attention to detail and creativity
- Technical familiarity with media tools and platforms including Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, Canva and WordPress
- Commitment to a collaborative, education-focused work environment
- The ability to establish and maintain constructive relationships across multiple school constituencies
- An eagerness to embrace multicultural perspectives and build an inclusive school environment
- Skill in managing multiple priorities and adapting to changing circumstances as necessary, with confidence and grace
School Mission and Philosophy:
DCD is proud to offer an educational experience that:
- Provides to each child a unique educational balance of challenging academics, arts, and athletics;
- Embraces an inclusive interdependent community of students, teachers, and parents that fosters trust and encourages children to take risks;
- Creates independent, resilient, lifelong learners through engaging, developmentally based teaching designed to meet varied learning styles; and
- Inspires students to become caring, ethical members of the larger world by emphasizing thoughtful citizenship and respect for self and others.
At DCD, our children develop a willingness to try, an ability to do, and a drive to care. We strive to provide a multicultural and anti-bias education which celebrates the diversity of our community and prepares children with the skills they need to connect and thrive in our diverse world. We believe that a broad range of experiences and viewpoints enhances learning and enriches life for students and faculty alike. We strongly encourage applications from people of color or educators from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools, and are committed to an inclusive school experience for all who work at DCD. Additionally, DCD places a high value on the professional growth of all faculty and staff and provides outstanding opportunities for individual professional development.
Dedham Country Day School provides a competitive salary and benefits plan. A salary range for this position is available by request. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Katie Ouellette, Special Assistant to the Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dedham Country Day School is an independent, coeducational Pre-Kindergarten – Grade 8 school located just west of Boston in Dedham MA. DCD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, national origin or ancestry, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any non-job related physical or mental disability.