Director of Finance and Operations
Providence Country Day School, East Providence, RI
Providence Country Day School, an independent school serving students in grades PK-12, seeks a dynamic, versatile leader who will serve as the full-time Director of Finance and Operations. Successful applicants will demonstrate creative approaches to financial leadership, strategic planning and thinking, and data-driven decision making. Applicants must possess enthusiasm for working in a dynamic environment and developing and sustaining positive relationships with parents, faculty, school leadership, and staff.
Key responsibilities include:
Fiscal Management and Leadership
- Working with the Head of School, holds responsibility for the coordination and strategic management of the school’s financial resources.
- Creates, revises, and maintains the annual operating budget.
- Monitors and reports variances in financial results and suggests corrective actions.
- Oversees cash, investments, and asset management.
- Reviews and ensures the application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Oversees the annual financial and 403(b) audits.
- Ensures compliance with latest rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Prepares forecasts and projections to provide financial insights to the Head of School and Board of Trustees in evaluating strategic initiatives.
- Serves as the staff liaison for the Board Finance Committee, Audit & Risk Committee, Personnel Committee, and Investment Committee.
- Ensures that the educational goals of the school are in accordance with the business/fiscal goals of the school.
- Oversees the employee benefit program, all employment practices related to non-academic personnel, payroll services, and compliance reporting.
- Supervises and manages human resource functions including writing, implementing, and maintaining appropriate personnel policies.
- Supervises Business Office staff.
- Serves as a resource to mitigate liability exposure through a system of policies, procedures, and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Responsible for the school’s insurance coverage, liability, and risk-related policies and controls. Works with insurance advisors and brokers to ensure that adequate, appropriate, and cost-effective insurance is in place.
- Oversees all campus and work safety issues, regulatory and environmental compliance, and any legal matters in consultation with the Head of School.
- Meets with the Campus Improvement Committee to develop a 5-year buildings and grounds plan.
- Manages, re-evaluates, and negotiates current and new contracts with vendors.
- Supervises maintenance staff.
Our Director of Finance and Operations will enter a lively and vibrant school where we are celebrating our 100th anniversary. This 12-month position will start in July 2024.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Susan Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we?
The Providence Country Day School, established in 1923, is a college-preparatory school serving students in grades PK–12. Through a vigorous hands-on program of academics, visual and performing arts, competitive athletics, and service, PCD students develop as independent and critical thinkers, resourceful creators, and resilient innovators.
PCD’s mission and values are upheld by a faculty distinguished by academic excellence and deep personal commitment. Deep and lasting relationships are at the very core of our teaching and learning. Our diverse student population is drawn from more than 45 communities throughout southeastern New England and around the world.
More information is available at www.providencecountryday.org.
PCD is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Candidates of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We strive to have a team that reflects the diversity of our students and families. It is important to us that our students can see themselves in the adults that surround them each day.