Groton School, Groton, MA
Groton School is seeking a Development Assistant to provide primary administrative and data support to Groton School’s Alumni & Development Office. The ideal candidate will have a highly developed ability to be a flexible team-player, while multi-tasking a multitude of administrative functions related to fundraising events and general operations. Reporting to the Manager of Development Operations, this is a 40-hour per week, 12-month per year, exempt, salaried staff position with benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Development Assistant will be responsible for:
- Delivering database support by creating and running reports, running lists, and working within a database.
- Maintaining constituent data, importing new student and family data, linking records, and updating data for consistency, accuracy, and adherence to standards.
- Providing general office support for the Development Office including a wide range of administrative duties including but not limited to assisting with mail merge communications such as solicitations and other communications, setting up email marketing and event invitations, working closely with front line fundraisers and office staff to complete projects, and other general office tasks as assigned.
- Completing other duties and assuming other responsibilities as requested.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects, be flexible, be able to prioritize and meet deadlines with extremely strong attention to detail
- The ability to work closely with a varied constituent base (Alumni, Parents, Faculty and Staff), to exercise discretion, and to maintain information with appropriate confidentiality
- Strong computer skills, including advanced expertise in Microsoft Office applications with strong knowledge of Excel and databases
- Positive can-do attitude with willingness to learn new skills and assist in a wide range of administrative tasks
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience within an independent school or non-profit office (preferred)
- Raiser’s Edge experience (preferred)
Groton School is an equal-opportunity employer.