The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education. The cornerstone of Park’s program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to his or her greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park’s faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth, and to become contributing members of the community. At the Park School, faculty engage respectfully with families and demonstrate sensitivity to cultures, values, configurations, and beliefs.
The After-School Program (ASP) provides a safe, relaxed, nurturing, and non-academic setting for children at Park in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8. ASP offers a cheerful environment where children can participate in a variety of creative projects and indoor and outdoor play. Families who desire a longer day for their children may elect, at additional cost, to stay up until 6 p.m. every day or for a few days each week.
The After-School Program is seeking enthusiastic, nurturing, and responsible individuals to join our friendly and dynamic team. This is a one year, part-time, twenty hour per week position. The position will be working with students in Grades 3-8 for four hours a day (generally from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.).
|Duties & Responsibilities
- Respectfully engage with a diverse community and ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion is emphasized as a core value of the School.
- Support and monitor students through a variety of activities and transitions, including outdoor time, homework and teacher-created lessons and curriculum
- Take daily attendance and report absences to After-School Director
- Facilitate and prepare lessons ranging from movement games in the gym to art or science-oriented lessons in a Makerspace
- Work with students in Grades 3-4 from 3-4:30 and Grades 5-8 from 4:30-6
- Participate in weekly team meetings from 6-7 p.m.owledge, Skills & Ab
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience working with children and/or experience in an educational setting
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- The successful candidate will have experience teaching, effective and respectful class management skills, have an understanding of the social/emotional development of children, be team oriented and possess an exceptional work ethic.
- Demonstrated experience in a culturally diverse community including diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, language, family structure, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Collaboration, flexibility, and a love of working with young people
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with students in Grades 3-8
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced after school environment
- Please visit The Park School career page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, leadership philosophy, and names and contact information of three professional references.
- The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.