Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Advancement Associate.
This position is responsible for:
- Entering all pledges and gifts into the database in a timely manner and delivering gift deposits, gift logs and other necessary reports to the Business Office
- Creating acknowledgment letters, producing a thank you report to distribute to staff members and ensuring timely acknowledgement of all gifts and pledges
- Working closely with the Business Office and Database/Prospect Manager to reconcile gifts and pledges entered into the system
- Ensuring information on donors and prospects is up-to-date, accurate, and properly documented, including researching and updating job information, address and email changes, deceased constituents, event attendance, etc.
- Entering information on students such as awards, athletic teams, colleges matriculated to, etc.
- Researching high-net-worth prospects and gathering information regarding their philanthropic interests, giving capacity, connections, background, etc.
- Entering the prospect information in appropriate fields in the database
- Preparing biographical profiles and researching reports for use by staff and key volunteers involved in fundraising
- Establishing and maintaining a process for allocation of new prospects
Successful candidates will possess a strong team orientation and success in collaboration; superior time-management skills with an ability to manage many tasks and projects simultaneously, while adhering to deadlines and maintaining quality work; excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail; and an ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with utmost discretion.
Candidates must have: a bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years of related work experience; technical knowledge of data management systems and processes; experience with relevant Blackbaud solutions preferred, such as Raiser’s Edge/NXT and Online Express; knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps. An understanding of fundraising is a plus.
This is a twelve-month position reporting to the Database/Prospect Administrator. There is flexibility in whether this is a part-time or full-time position.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.