The Meadowbrook School of Weston, Weston, MA
The Meadowbrook School of Weston, a junior kindergarten through 8th grade school located in Weston, MA, seven miles west of Boston, is seeking an Admissions Coordinator to join our community. As the first point of contact for prospective families considering Meadowbrook for their child’s education, the Admissions Office is a reflection of who we are as a school.
The Admissions Coordinator is a 12-month, full-time position that will report to the Director of Admissions & Financial Assistance. Their primary responsibility is to support the Admissions Office in welcoming and educating prospective parents/guardians and students about Meadowbrook. They should be a team player with a collaborative and positive energy and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. They will have a genuine empathy for prospective families and an awareness and sensitivity of the diverse needs of our community.
At Meadowbrook, smart, passionate people join together in an expansive learning environment with rigorous academics and innovative curricula to inspire, challenge, and empower students to achieve at the highest level, connect deeply with a diverse community, and courageously create change. Meadowbrook is a mission-driven school and we invite candidates to familiarize themselves with our mission before applying for the position.
- Serve as the primary contact, through phone, email and in person, for the Admission Office
- Help with filing, mass mailings, bulk emails, scheduling, running statistical reports and database entry
- Assist in the planning and implementation of admission events
- In charge of organizing all admission files and helping to complete applicant files
- Work with the faculty and team to organize, plan, and participate in group applicant visits and revisit days
- Aid in the scheduling and logistics of tours and assessments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; a combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered
- Experience in an independent school (K-8 experience preferred), college or university setting
- Experience with Ravenna, or other admission databases
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive computer skills are a priority
- Occasional night and weekend work is expected for special presentations and events
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ+ educators, or educators from communities that are historically underrepresented in independent schools. We are committed to an inclusive school experience for all those who come to work at Meadowbrook.