Managing data is essential for anyone in your school community who oversees programs and is responsible for budgets and financial decisions, enrollment data, development efforts, and even student performance.
Join this 90-minute workshop to unlock the power and versatility of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets. In this interactive session, you’ll learn how to create, customize, and optimize spreadsheets to analyze, enhance, and present your data in helpful ways. By the end of this workshop, you will enhance your skills and take control of your data, work towards your program goals, and impress others with your data prowess. Take advantage of this opportunity to become a spreadsheet pro with Excel or Google Sheets!
During our time together, we will review how to:
- Create Effective Spreadsheets: We’ll show you how to build a basic spreadsheet from scratch, ensuring you have the foundation for effective data management.
- Use Powerful Functions: These programs utilize robust functions that allow you to manipulate data to help you analyze and tell the story of your programs. We will show you how to locate and use functions efficiently.
- Utilize Templates: Discover the power of templates and learn how to make them work for you. You’ll explore. How to add, delete, edit, and format your spreadsheet to suit your unique personal or professional goals.
- Share and Manage Permissions: We’ll guide you through sharing options and help you create a secure and collaborative environment.
- Format Charts: Understand the importance of visualizing your data. You’ll master chart formatting to convey your budget’s insights effectively.
- Conditional Formatting: Learn to use conditional formatting to highlight crucial financial data, making tracking and managing your financial progress easier.
- Data Sorting: Streamline your spreadsheet with data sorting techniques. We’ll introduce you to efficient ways of organizing and managing your information.
- Creating Presentable Files: In the final part of the workshop, you’ll discover how to transform your spreadsheet budget into professional files that you can use for reports, presentations, and more.
This workshop is designed for all members of your school staff and faculty. Register a team to maximize the impact of the content.
Dates & Venues
Thursday, February 1, 2024
3:30 – 5:00 PM
This workshop will be presented virtually via Zoom.
|1 – 3
|4 – 7
|8 – 19
AISNE seeks to create an inclusive learning environment for all. If you have accessibility questions or needs, please contact us at email@example.com.
About the Facilitator
Culminating a 48-year career, Fred recently retired after six years as the CFO at Belmont Day School. Before arriving at Belmont Day, he served as CFO at Emma Willard School in Troy, NY, the oldest continuously operating all-girls boarding high school in the U.S., and at The Forman School, a coed boarding high school for students with diagnosed learning differences located in Litchfield, CT. Fred played an active role in the strategic leadership of all three schools, focusing on long-range financial sustainability while providing leadership in the schools’ day-to-day operations. He also served as CFO at community-based nonprofits, including Family Resources, now known as Community Care Alliance, located in northern Rhode Island, and the Northwestern Connecticut YMCA, with several branches throughout Northwestern Connecticut.
Cancellations and transfer requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations will receive a 100% refund, less a $50 administrative fee. Transfers of registrations from one person to another are permitted up to 2 business days before the start of the event, or the first event of a series of events.
Not an AISNE Member?
Become part of a network of more than 270 schools across New England. Enjoy opportunities for your entire school staff and faculty to connect with and learn from peers, and engage in high-quality professional development. AISNE is here to support your school’s excellence and continuous improvement