Summer Camp Counselor
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
Start Date: June 20, 2023 (training nights on June 13th, 14th, and 15th)
Department: Summer Camp
BB&N is seeking Summer Camp Counselors for Summer Camp 2023. Group Counselors are the primary caregivers for each camper. The Group Counselor is responsible for planning, coordinating, and safely guiding campers in their personal growth, daily living skills, and to their daily activities. We work hard, have fun, and we are positive role models for our campers. Candidates must be dedicated, responsible, and eager to make everyday fun at camp. We hire both Head Counselors (college graduates and older) and Junior Counselors (17 years old through college ages).
In addition, Camp Counselors are expected to be committed to the following:
- Participate in developing and implementing high-quality educational and recreational opportunities and enjoyable experiences for campers within BB&N’s mission.
- Supervises campers and ensures their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff. Ensuring the site’s cleanliness and adhering to all safety guidelines associated with the camp program.
- Represent the camp in a positive way when interacting with parents or community members. Be a role model to campers and staff in attitude and behavior.
- Assists in maintaining accurate program records, including incident reports, dietary restrictions/allergies, and daily attendance.
- Knows and understands all emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate should have some experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field. In addition, the candidate:
- Must be 17 years of age
- Must be available for training sessions on the nights of June 14th, 15th, and 16th.
- Education and First AID and BLF certification, preferred
Please upload your Cover Letter, Resume, Personal Statement, and/or Teaching Philosophy and Reference List.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any non-job related physical or mental disability. We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity; we encourage candidates of color and all diverse candidates to apply.
Buckingham Browne & Nichols Schools takes the health and safety of its community members very seriously. Because we serve students, many of whom are not eligible for vaccination due to their age, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus with the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment. Documentation showing vaccination status will be required as part of the application process.