Toddler Lead Teacher (Fall 2023)
Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
Toddler Lead Teacher (Fall, 2022)
Shrewsbury Montessori School (SMS) seeks a full time Toddler Lead Teacher (18 months—3 years old) for the 2023-2024 school year to launch the School’s second Toddler Room. Founded in 1972, Shrewsbury Montessori is one of the biggest AMS school in Massachusetts, accredited by AISNE and AMS, serving Toddler to Grade 6 students on three campuses. SMS seeks a highly motivated Toddler Lead Teacher who will be responsible for providing a nurturing, productive learning environment in keeping with the mission and vision of the school.
The ideal candidate:
- excels at preparing the toddler environment, taking responsibility for creating and maintaining a nurturing, safe, and appropriately challenging learning environment for toddlers
- has a background in education and enjoys working with toddler aged students 18 months to 3 years old
- is able to ensure the physical and emotional safety and well-being of the students
- is a team player who is willing to work with peers
- is an excellent communicator, interacting with children, families, and coworkers in a warm, compassionate, empathetic, and confident manner
- is organized, flexible, efficient, creative, comfortable with technology, and a problem-solver
- is able to model integrity, curiosity, and respect
- The position requires attendance at occasional evening school events, monthly after school faculty meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree or beyond in related field
- Experience and passion in Toddler education. With candidates showing great potential, school can sponsor Montessori training
- Montessori certification for Toddlers or in training preferred
- Willingness to undertake professional development
- Experience working in a Montessori classroom preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the Subject: “Toddler Lead Teacher: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS.