Accredited by AISNE
Toddler House Assistant Teacher
Faculty / Full-Time
Inly School, Scituate, MA
Inly School seeks an experienced, Toddler House Assistant Teacher to team-teach in a multi-age environment (18 months–2.9 years) beginning in June, 2023.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing a Toddler House classroom. Work collaboratively with the lead teacher daily, and with colleagues more generally to design and continuously improve the academic program in alignment with Inly School strategic objectives and our Montessori core values. Curriculum responsibilities include comprehensive, age appropriate instruction and delivery of a Montessori curriculum.
- Create and maintain a prepared environment that is well ordered, clean, inviting, encourages student exploration and growth, and facilitates each student’s growing concentration and independence.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s individual progress and use those observations to record and plan future lessons that are developmentally and academically appropriate for each student.
- Invest in the whole child understanding that meeting the emotional needs of each student is a primary task of the Montessori educator with a proven understanding of and sensitivity to the developmental attributes of the Toddler House student.
Strong Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Montessori experience is a plus
- Desire to collaborate and contribute to a progressive school environment
- An understanding of Montessori philosophy and pedagogy, as well as an interest in current educational research and innovative practices
- A demonstrated ability to embrace multicultural perspectives with experience building an inclusive environment and a commitment to anti-bias teaching practices
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance; supplemental life insurance available
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick (faculty only) and personal time
- Flexible spending plans for both medical and dependent care
- Tuition assistance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Life, AD&D (employer paid), Vision
- Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness
- Employer paid LTD, STD
- Free AM/PM Club and Discovery program for enrolled students of faculty
To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School