The Achieve Program at Noble and Greenough School- Lead Teacher (ELA)
Noble and Greenough School, Dedham, MA
Achieve students are motivated, high-achieving young people who grow into extraordinary individuals. Our middle school scholars attend Boston’s district and charter public schools, come from low-income families, and represent diverse ethnicities, religions, and family backgrounds. Achieve seeks to increase our students’ academic skills and sense of self, putting them on the path to college.
Lead Teachers are critical members of the Achieve team, and they are essential to our students’ academic and
personal success. Candidates must be strongly interested in working with urban students in a fun, challenging, and enriching educational environment.
● Three or more years of teaching experience, preferably at the middle school level (grades 6 through 8)
● Demonstrated commitment to social and racial justice
● Ability to design and implement curriculum aligned with the Massachusetts learning standards
● Strong ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
● Excellent organizational skills
● High energy and a sense of humor!
● Provide a consistent adult presence in all spaces throughout the day
● Collaborate with the directors to develop a curriculum for your assigned classes
● Teach two sections of math class
● Supervise and support your Teaching Assistant in developing a strong understanding of the curriculum
development, student-centered pedagogy, classroom management, and assessment
● Co-lead an advisory group
● Write progress reports for your students at mid-point and again at the end of the summer program
● Tutor students as needed during study hall
● Attend all staff meetings and community-wide morning and afternoon meetings
Schedule and 2024 Summer Dates:
● Staff Orientation: week of June 26 (Exact dates TBD)
● Summer Program: July 1st– August 8th
● Lead teachers work a Monday – Thursday schedule. No Fridays are required except August 2 (field day).
To apply for a Lead Teacher position at Achieve, please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
● A cover letter
● Current résumé
● List of three professional references with contact information