Summer Camp Senior Counselor
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
This is a seasonal position beginning in late May and ending in early August. The summer camp senior counselor will be responsible for interacting with and overseeing camper groups throughout the day. In addition, they will have the opportunity to participate in and lead a variety of activities during the elective blocks. The summer camp senior counselor will be enthusiastic, attentive, and proactive.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with children and staff in all areas of the camp operation.
- Work cooperatively as necessary with all other staff members in planning, implementation, and evaluation of the program.
- Oversee campers as they rotate to different activities throughout the day.
- Be active and engaging with campers during each activity period.
- Interpret rules, regulations, and expectations of the camp, with special emphasis on safety, health, and mutual respect.
- Guide each individual camper in participation in their group and all camp activities.
- Assist campers in choosing and scheduling their “elective” activities each week.
- Lead/teach activities appropriate to each particular group in specific program areas, such as arts and crafts, sports and games, etc., based on camper skills and program needs.
- Assist with all camp program activities and other camp-wide activities as assigned.
- Oversee snack/free play/lunch times and make sure students are eating and engaged during those times.
- Attend staff meetings regularly and relay information to other staff not present. Contribute as necessary.
- Set an overall good example for all other staff and campers.
- Prepare written evaluation at the end of the summer following the guidelines provided by the Director.
- Arrive to work on time and dress appropriately.
- Be willing to assist with any additional camp needs.