Summer Camp Counselor, Summer at Tower
Tower School, Marblehead, MA
About Tower School’s summer camp, Summer at Tower
Since 1984, Summer at Tower’s camp counselors have been embracing the energy and excitement of childhood and early adolescence for many years. We work hard, have fun, and we are positive role models for our campers. Campers and Counselors alike make the most of our beautiful 8-acre campus, garden classroom, swimming pool, indoor studios, and gymnasium.
Summer at Tower Employment Information
Camp Counselor Orientation: June 20, 21, 2024
Camp Dates: June 24, 2023–August 16, 2024
Summer at Tower is open Monday–Friday, 8:00am–4:00pm
Hourly rate: $15-$25
- Follow guidance from the Summer Director to plan, engage and lead campers in group activities
- Ensure the safety of campers; remain aware and attentive at all times
- Develop leadership skills, problem solving skills, good communication skills
- Create a positive environment for campers and staff
- Participate in developing and implementing high-quality educational and recreational opportunities and enjoyable experiences
- Represent the camp in a positive way when interacting with parents or community members.
- Counselors are responsible for planning, coordinating, and safely guiding campers in their daily activities.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Must be available for the 2-day orientation
- Must pass a CORI/SORI background check
- Upon hire, completion of First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in summer program activities such as hiking, team building initiatives, physical games, and activities.
- Prior experience working with children
Email your resume and a brief cover letter expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Add “Summer Camp Counselor” to the subject line.
We look forward to receiving your resume/cover letter and will respond to each applicant to confirm receipt.
Tower School is an equal opportunity employer. Tower does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran or active military status, or any other category protected by state, federal or local law.