Atrium School, Watertown, MA
Atrium School currently seeks substitute teachers who take the place of a teacher who is absent for personal, professional, or health reasons. Though long-term subbing situations may arise, the usual commitment is for full or partial days, one or two days at a time.
- In PreK to Grade 5, this means assisting the co-teacher who leads the classroom.
- In Middle School, this includes interpreting and carrying out lesson plans for the day for a given class and creating reports to inform the students’ permanent teachers about the day.
Atrium School is a progressive and inclusive PreK – Grade 8 independent school (enrollment 130) in Watertown, Massachusetts. Atrium’s program encourages academic curiosity, creativity, and exploration while fostering each child’s intellectual and personal growth.
- Following lesson plans provided by the regular teacher to create a cohesive and consistent learning experience for students
- Managing the classroom effectively to encourage student participation and maintain a positive and creative learning environment
- Supervising students in and out of the classroom, including in the halls, on the playground, and at lunch
A strong candidate for the Substitute Teacher position will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in education
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and instruct students of all ages
- Ability to adapt plans to specific classrooms
- Flexibility and critical-thinking skills
We seek candidates who will add to the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of the school community, and who are committed to building and sustaining a community that is richly diverse and includes a wide range of family structures, racial, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds. For further information, and to apply, please contact Sydney Mason-Barrett, School Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.