Lesley Ellis School, Arlington, MA
Lesley Ellis School
Full-time School Nurse
Start date: August 23, 2024
Lesley Ellis School, located in Arlington, MA, is a Preschool through Grade 8 independent school. We seek candidates who will bring expertise and enthusiasm to the school community and will have the desire to work closely with all staff to maintain a healthy school environment.
Respecting and embracing differences have been at the core of a Lesley Ellis education since the school’s early days. Our anti-bias curriculum is rooted in a developmental model of learning that engages children’s innate desire to observe, question, consider, and eventually think deeply about complex interpersonal and societal issues. In 2005, we received the Leading Edge Award for Equity and Justice from the National Association of Independent Schools, and we continue to learn and work against systems of injustice, including racism, by practicing behavior that demonstrates appreciation for multiple perspectives and engaging in conversations and actions that confront bias at all developmental levels.
- Assess and treat illnesses and injuries;
- Administer medications;
- Coordinate the establishments, review and implementation of health policies and procedures;
- Delegate and train staff in medication administration, as needed;
- Provide guidance to the school community on health issues;
- Serve as health care liaison between the school and the community;
- Maintain student and staff health records in compliance with state guidelines;
- Oversee health education program in the school;
- Maintain an inventory of first aid supplies;
- Participate in an annual review of the school’s crisis plan;
- Train staff regarding chronic illnesses experienced by students.
- Experience as a school nurse or pediatrics/family practice nurse
- RN preferred
- Current Massachusetts RN licensure
School year position. Summer optional.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Deanne Benson, Head of School at email@example.com
Lesley Ellis School is an equal opportunity employer