School and College Counselor
Ursuline Academy, Dedham, MA
Ursuline Academy is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls grades 7 -12, located in Dedham, MA. We are accepting applications for a full-time school counselor for the 2022-2023 academic year. School counselors report to the Director of School and College Counseling, who, in turn, reports to the Principal of the Academy.
- Collaborate frequently with School and College Counseling colleagues and the administrative team to ensure best practices when working with and advising students and parents.
- Provide direct service to students through individual work and small group classes as well as indirect support through collaboration and consultation with colleagues across disciplines – including the administrative team and teachers.
- Support students in meeting their social/emotional and academic goals.
- Connect students and families to a variety of support structures in and out of school, including, but not limited to referrals to therapists, psychiatrists, and other critical services.
- Assist in the transition process from both 8th grade to high school and from high school to post-graduate opportunities.
- Work with students and parents to guide them through the college search, application, and selection process.
- Prepare school supporting documents to send to colleges and scholarship organizations in support of student applications.
- Organize and host meetings for students and parents throughout the year, along with other special events.
- Post information for students and parents regarding summer programs, scholarships, and other events on Naviance, in the office, and through other sources.
- Participate in the life of the Ursuline community by serving in school-sponsored service projects, assuming the role of moderator for a student organization, chaperoning field trips, and other off-campus events that support the Ursuline mission.
- Contribute as a full community member by participating constructively in all faculty discussions, meetings, and committees, and being interested in professional and curriculum development.
- Strong understanding of the Ursuline mission
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and desire to participate in a community of learners who are excited to grow and engage in giving and receiving feedback
- Warm, supportive, and welcoming demeanor that allows for rapport building with students, parents, and colleagues
- Strong organizational, written, and communication skills
- Strong technology skills, with prior knowledge of Naviance, Scoir, Ravenna, SAT/ACT /AP exam administration preferred
- Flexibility to work as a member of a team
- Master’s degree required with a minimum of three years of experience
Please submit a resume, statement of interest, educational philosophy, and the names of three references to Regina MacLeod at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.