Part-Time French Teacher
Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
Part-Time French Teacher (Leave replacement, February-June, 2024)
Shrewsbury Montessori School seeks an engaging and skilled part-time French language teacher for preschool through grade 6 as a placement position February— June, 2024. The French language teacher teaches multiple sections per week at each elementary grade level along with weekly lessons at the preschool level.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience teaching the French language and culture in a preschool and/or elementary school setting
- is able to each in a fully interactive approach focusing on speaking and listening while introducing reading and writing at the elementary level
- is comfortable using technology in order to enhance the learning experience
- works collaboratively with all members of the school community
- is self-directed with a strong work ethic
- has excellent communication skills
- is comfortable teaching our 6th grade Latin curriculum (optional)
- Bachelor’s Degree (in education preferred)
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Native or near-native fluency in French
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Authorized for employment in the U.S.
Please send cover letter and resume to to email@example.com with the Subject: “French Teacher Leave Position: Your Name.”
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS.