Middle School Spanish Teacher
Tower School, Marblehead, MA
Tower School is an independent PreK-8 school located in Marblehead, MA. Our mission is to teach our students to think critically and creatively, to develop joyful curiosity, to embrace challenges and apply their knowledge with confidence, and to thrive within a community rich with diverse perspectives and talents.
Tower seeks teaching faculty who demonstrate an interest in participating fully in the life and activities of a highly engaging elementary and middle school and will contribute to furthering Tower’s mission. Successful candidates will exhibit a great work ethic, a good sense of humor, strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to inspire young people.
Tower is hiring an enthusiastic and collaborative part-time Middle School Spanish teacher beginning late August 2023. The position has room for expansion with the addition of other responsibilities.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish
- Enthusiasm for teaching language and culture through a global perspective
- Two or more years teaching experience in elementary/middle school grades
- Experience teaching and planning as part of a professional team
- Experience with formal and informal assessments
- Experience writing student progress reports and holding conferences with parents
- Prepares motivating and stimulating lessons that reflect knowledge of the curriculum, child development, and student interests and abilities
- Employs a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Takes on other work-related duties as needed (lunch duty, recess, homeroom coverage, service programming, etc.)
Tower School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Tower welcomes candidates who would add to the racial, cultural and gender balance of the School community. A classroom teaching position is physically demanding and qualified candidates will need to exhibit appropriate abilities. Appropriate accommodations can be made where necessary.
Please email a resume and a statement of your teaching philosophy to Patti Gillis, Academic Administrative Associate & Registrar at email@example.com.