Middle School Administrative Assistant
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Middle School Administrative Assistant (one-year appointment)
About Our School:
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K–12 school, boarding and day in grades 9–12, located eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in its students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Embracing diversity and the pursuit of excellence, we create a community in which individuals develop competence, confidence and character. Our active learning environment, in and out of the classroom, develops creative and critical thinkers, unafraid to express their ideas, prepared to seek meaningful lifetime success and to live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
Summary of Position:
The Middle School at Milton Academy is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the 2023-2024 academic year. The ideal candidate will provide a welcoming environment and general assistance to students, faculty, and staff in the Middle School, in addition to administrative support for the Middle School Principal. Typical responsibilities include answering the telephone, coordinating, and implementing mailings, copying, filing, greeting guests, scheduling meetings and activities, and distributing weekly newsletter.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform a diverse range of administrative activities in a fast-paced office environment; serve as a central liaison to other departments (facilities, catering, business, etc.) in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters, including managing the Middle School principal’s calendar.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement events for the Middle School, including special events for students, parents and faculty, field trips, opening and closing of school and assemblies.
- Create and manage the calendar of school events for the Middle School.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of weekly Middle School newsletter, including content and formatting.
- Manage correspondence with Middle School families, including drafting and sending emails and mailings.
- Coordinate substitute coverage for the Middle School.
- Provide budget management support to the Middle School Principal, including maintaining petty cash, professional development budget, and documentation for expense reimbursements.
- Participate in student programming where appropriate.
Experience using Google platforms and Microsoft Office are essential. Must have the capacity to use technology fluidly in a wide array of situations. Must demonstrate the ability to solve problems independently. Qualified candidates will possess a team player mentality and have strong interpersonal skills, specifically in interaction with children and adolescents.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.