South Shore Christian Academy, Weymouth, MA
Kindergarten Teacher Position Description
South Shore Christian Academy is a Christian, Preschool – Grade 12, college-preparatory, richly diverse day school south of Boston, Massachusetts. We are on a mission to “glorify Jesus Christ by revealing truth, imparting knowledge, stimulating spiritual growth, and developing Christian character in young men and women through a college preparatory curriculum taught by Christian teachers,” so that students can be well-equipped to “do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with God” in our world.
This formative process begins in our vibrant Lower School! We are seeking a full-time kindergarten teacher for immediate start. This is an all-day, 5 day per week position. A typical school day runs from 7:30am-3:00pm. Teachers are to be in the school building by 7:10 am M-F.
In addition to normal teaching responsibilities, other areas of responsibility include:
- Implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum that addresses the whole child.
- Planning a daily routine that creates a balance in the day and fits within the broader schoolschedule.
- Communicating regularly with parents and/or guardians about class and school activities, as wellas their son’s or daughter’s progress in the class.
- Fostering a positive, encouraging, whimsical, and supportive environment.
- Supervising children at all times.
- Working closely with the Kindergarten aide and other early education faculty staff to ensure asense of continuity of quality and approach.
- Overseeing Kindergarten aide.
- Contributing to school improvement initiatives, including participating in meetings, collaborativework, and professional development activities.
- Support Admissions and Development functions, including but not limited to: participating inadmissions events and evaluating prospective students.
- Must be a committed follower of Christ and affirm SSCA Statement of Faith and Teaching Positions.
- Must exhibit a high degree of cultural competency to contribute within a multi-racial, multi-denominational environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in early childhood education; Master’s degree preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have at least two years of teaching experience in an early childhood setting (apracticum counts toward this).
- State certification preferred, but not required.
- Required to move about campus regularly, including navigating stairs; to sit, stand, talk, hear, see;and to lift loads of 30 lbs.
- Must be able to perform all job functions, or modified functions, remotely if required or deemednecessary by the Head of School.
- SSCA conducts background checks and employment authorizations.This position will begin upon hire, and is eligible for renewal next school year.