Shrewsbury Montessori School, Shrewsbury, MA
K-6 Gardening Teacher (Fall, 2023)
Shrewsbury Montessori School seeks an engaging and enthusiastic Gardening teacher for Kindergarten through 6thGrade for the 2023-2024 school year. This part-time position is based at our Shrewsbury campus and attendance at occasional evening school events and after school staff meetings is also required.
An ideal candidate:
- possesses a passion and knowledge for gardening and ecology. SMS uses gardening as a skill-based Co-Curricular class to install a love for the environment and teaches ecology.
- Design and implement K-6 curriculum scope and sequence
- Execute complete, hands-on engaging gardening lessons
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to create rich Co-Curricular opportunities for learning in the garden
- Lead small and large group lessons and activities
- Demonstrate clear classroom management strategics that help to create a safe and nurturing outdoor learning environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Montessori experience (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: “Gardening Teacher Application: Your Name.” No phone calls or solicitations please.
SMS is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and skills. SMS will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All such discrimination is unlawful and contrary to SMS values and will not be tolerated by SMS. SMS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.