Director of Residential Life
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy seeks a director of residential life to begin July 1, 2022. The director of residential life reports to the Upper School dean of students and provides direction for and oversight of the Upper School’s residential life program.
- Support, supervise, evaluate house heads
- Oversee the evaluation of the work that members of the dorm staff do in the residential life program
- In collaboration with house heads, develop programming and policies for the residential life community
- Build a sense of team across the eight houses
- Collaborate with the director of support services for international students to ensure that international students’ needs are met
- In conjunction with the dean of students, communicate with families of boarding students
- Oversee the assignment of students to houses
- Coordinate support for students traveling to and from campus at vacation times and at the beginning and end of school
The director of residential life should have:
- Experience working in a boarding school
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- A demonstrated and ongoing commitment to dismantling institutional, interpersonal, and internalized marginalization
- Eagerness to give and receive feedback
For more information about Milton Academy, please visit our website at www.milton.edu.
Please apply for the position through the Careers webpage at https://www.milton.edu/about/careers-at-milton/.
With your application, please include:
- A resumé
- A cover letter
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.