Athletic Department Assistant
Beaver Country Day School, Chestnut Hill, MA
Beaver Country Day School—an independent day school located just outside of Boston, serving grades 6-12—seeks an Athletic Department Assistant. This is a part-time position for the 2024-2025 school year that will report directly to the Director of Athletics and Fitness.
About Our School & Our People:
We are not your typical independent school. While education is not traditionally seen as forward-thinking, Beaver’s model of education is designed to expand the nature of school for students. Our curriculum is rigorous and responsive, rather than rigorous and rote. We welcome change and seek feedback to continuously improve. Our “Launch, Test, Refine” mindset promotes strategic thinking, flexibility, risk-taking, open-mindedness, and innovation. Our business is providing a future-focused education rooted in real-world context and experience, and our clients are our students.
Position is 15-20 hr per week; which can be flexible depending on athletic and candidate schedules. Ideally, we would like the Athletic Department Assistant to work Monday through Friday, from 12 to 4 pm. Some weekends may be required. The position starts on August 15th, 2024.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Secure transportation for all contests
- Secure officials for all contests
- Organize/distribute Middle School uniforms and equipment
- Middle School contest confirmations: contest date and location, transportation, officials
- Practice and game day setups in conjunction with Athletics Operations Manager
- Work game scorers table as necessary and needed
- Keep athletic center storage, equipment, and uniform spaces clean and organized
- Manage laundry
- Manage all technology, cameras, and buildings and grounds requests
- Any additional help/support as needed by the athletic department
The ideal candidate is:
- Someone who is looking to enter the field of athletic administration and gain valuable experience
- Someone who is passionate about athletics
- Someone with a strong ability to develop and maintain positive and healthy relationships with a diverse body of students, and one who supports and creates an inclusive environment
- The Beaver Athletic Department is fast-paced and positive, and we are looking for a dynamic addition to our staff
- Must be willing and able to move heavy equipment, work outside, and be on your feet
- Free parking and close to the MBTA Green Line D