5th Grade Teacher
Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Dana Hall is seeking an experienced Middle School teacher for a full-time position in the fifth grade, beginning in the fall of 2022. Candidates must be able to teach in person, and responsibilities will include teaching English/Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies, coaching two seasons or the equivalent, and participating as needed in the co-curricular life of the school.
Dana Hall’s fifth grade was started in 2016; the person hired for this position will be the second fifth grade teacher in the School’s history. Our fifth grade consists of one section of 14-16 students; these are the youngest students in the school and are integrated into the Middle School (grades 5-8).
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a passionate educator with experience teaching innovative Middle School courses. Experience teaching late elementary grades strongly preferred. Experience teaching ancient cultures is preferred, but not required.
- Hold a post-secondary degree
- Be committed to a vibrant and vigorous academic program
- Embrace interdisciplinary curriculum development
- Have experience with and enthusiasm for incorporating non-western texts into a curriculum and teaching a diverse range of historical and/or literary perspectives and texts
- Have experience in employing a variety of pedagogical approaches for different learning styles
- Have a proven track record of creating equitable and inclusive curriculum and learning environments
- Be interested in using technology thoughtfully and creatively to enhance teaching and learning (Dana Hall School is a 1:1 iPad school)
- Be flexible and collaborative in working with department members and colleagues across disciplines
- Have experience coaching or leading school clubs
Dana Hall School seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and inclusive educational practices.