4th Grade Homeroom Teacher
Applewild School, Fitchburg, MA
We are looking for a 4th grade homeroom teacher who either specializes in math or language arts and will work closely with the 5th grade teacher.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working with children and who truly has a passion for teaching. It demands energy, creativity, flexibility, humor and a desire to work within a collaborative environment. Our students enjoy hands-on experiences that allow them to explore their world with their senses and have opportunities to exercise their developing skills and talents. We educate the whole child and a solid understanding of child development guides our curriculum and activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Creates curricular materials and use methods consistent with Applewild’s philosophy and ethos
- Develops, plans and teaches study skills, social studies and either language arts or math
- Communicates effectively and sensitively with families
- Communicates effectively and collaboratively with fellow faculty and administration on student progress and concerns
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings and other professional learning committees
- Creates a welcoming, supportive, nurturing classroom. Applewild uses Responsive Classroom curriculum
Candidates should send a cover letter, and resume.
– Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
– Proven experience in curriculum development and lesson planning
– Ability to effectively manage a classroom and create a positive learning environment
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– Passion for teaching and inspiring students to achieve their full potential