DEIB Practitioners Cohort
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
1657 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA
The role of a diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging practitioner in an independent school is dynamic and multifaceted. You engage with every school constituent—including students, families, faculty and staff, and trustees—to plan and execute strategies that create organizational change.
AISNE is proud to launch the DEIB Practitioners Cohort, a yearlong program aimed at DEIB leadership development in New England schools. Over a series of virtual and in-person meetings, you will discuss the current opportunities and challenges of the field, share your professional triumphs and tribulations, and receive leadership coaching aimed at creating enduring system change in your community.
You will learn alongside peers, led by Dr. Gene Batiste, an education leader who specializes in DEIB leadership in independent schools. Gene will lead your cohort through topic presentations, case studies, discussions, and peer problem-solving. Your fellow learners will consist of Directors of DEIB and other similar roles from around the region. It will be a place to forge and fortify deep professional relationships, engage in generative conversations, find support and creative feedback for your ideas, and explore the current and future landscape of the profession.
Topics covered include:
- Exploring best practices in DEIB leadership
- Interpreting and using quantitative and qualitative data
- Strategizing engagement and stakeholder relationships
- Co-creating the growth of DEIB in independent schools
- Examining your leadership self-journey
Invest in yourself and your community, and reinvigorate your commitment to the values of DEIB work.
- Session 1 | Thursday, 9/21, 4:00 – 5:00 PM | Virtual
- Session 2 | Thursday, 10/26, Time TBD | In-Person, Sheraton Framingham*
- Session 3 | Thursday, 11/16, 4:00 – 5:00 PM | Virtual
- Session 4 | Thursday, 12/14, 4:00 – 5:00 PM | Virtual
- Session 5 | Thursday, 1/25, 3:00 – 5:00 PM | In-Person, Wentworth by the Sea, New Castle (Portsmouth), NH
- Session 6 | Thursday, 2/15, 4:00 – 5:00 PM | Virtual
- Session 7 | Thursday, 4/11, 4:00 – 5:00 PM | Virtual
- Session 8 | Thursday, 5/9, Time TBD | In-Person, Location TBD