Pingree School, Hamilton, MA
Pingree School is a dynamic and aspirational, independent, coeducational day school on the North Shore of Boston, located on a beautiful 100-acre campus in South Hamilton, where approximately 380 students in grades 9 through 12 solve problems, build community, and learn how to learn. The Pingree community is dedicated to academic excellence and the development of high personal standards. Pingree believes that a love of learning flourishes best in a diverse community that respects truth, curiosity, creativity, humor, and independent and imaginative thinking. Committed to developing global citizens, Pingree actively seeks faculty, staff, and students of character and intelligence from diverse social, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Pingree is looking for individuals with coaching or athletics experience to fill several coaching needs this winter. Our winter athletics programming generally runs from mid November through early March. The available positions are as follows:
- Girls Varsity Ice Hockey – Assistant Coach
- Girls JV Ice Hockey – Assistant Coach
- Girls Varsity Basketball- Assistant Coach
- Boys Varsity Ice Hockey – Assistant Coach
- Girls JVII Basketball – Head Coach
- Yoga Instructor
Our hockey and basketball teams compete in the Eastern Independent League (EIL) conference. Practices are held in the afternoon, with games being played afternoons/evenings and on some Saturdays. These roles are ideal for candidates looking to gain valuable coaching experience within a highly competitive program.
Qualifications and skills required for coaching:
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ coaching and/or playing experience preferred for a head coach position
- Passion for working with and developing high school student-athletes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to working collegially in a diverse community and communicating effectively with a diverse population
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully complete a criminal background check
- Some evening and weekend hours are required
To apply for any of these coaching positions, please send a cover letter and resume, along with contact information for two professional references to Laura Ogden, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com. Please make sure to indicate to which position(s) you are applying.
Pingree School is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Pingree does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran or active military status, genetics or any other category protected by state, federal or local law.