Upper School Social Studies Teacher
The Sage School, Foxborough, MA
The Sage School, a K-8 day school in Foxboro, MA, is seeking a full time Upper School Social Studies teacher. Classroom responsibilities include being able to develop, plan, and implement a daily program and curriculum consistent with the mission and philosophy of the Sage School. Candidate must have specialized experience with teaching Social Studies and/or Humanities. Experience with and/or an interest in working with gifted children is helpful. Individual must be able to maintain written and verbal communication with parents using a variety of modes including technology.
Masters Degree preferred.
Experience with co-teaching.
- A Masters Degree from an accredited university.
- Successful teaching experience.
- Experience in teaching Social Studies and/or Humanities
- Experience and enthusiasm for creating hands-on Social Studies activities and explorations.
- Effective problem solving, communications, organization, planning, record keeping and human relations skills.
- Ability to use technology as both a productivity tool and as a method of communication.
- Experience with and/or understanding of the needs of gifted education.
- In cooperation with the Upper School team, provides direct instruction students.
- Develops and implements a flexible program designed to meet the gifted pupils’ academic needs while nurturing collaboration through group interaction.
- Creates an environment in which the students can use their strengths, safely explore new areas of thought and action, and feel intellectually challenged while developing personal and interpersonal skills.
- Communicates with parents.
- Assists in developing or adopting varied instructional materials, including textbooks, reference works, kits, trade books, audiovisual/technological aids.
- Assumes other appropriate professional responsibilities as delegated by the administration.
- Supports a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Strives to maintain and enhance professional competence through professional reading as well as participation in workshops, conferences and appropriate staff development programs.