Upper School Social Studies Teacher
Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Dana Hall is seeking an experienced Upper School Social Studies teacher for a full-time, one-year sabbatical coverage position, beginning in the fall of 2022. Candidates must be able to teach in person, and responsibilities will include teaching up to four (4) sections of high school social studies, including East Asian Studies, coaching two seasons or the equivalent, and participating as needed in the co-curricular life of the school.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a passionate educator with experience teaching innovative Upper School history or social studies courses. Experience teaching East Asian Studies (China, Japan, and Korea) strongly preferred.
- Hold a post-secondary degree
- Be committed to a vibrant and vigorous academic program
- Have experience with and enthusiasm for incorporating non-western literature into a curriculum and teaching a diverse range of historical perspectives and texts
- Have experience in employing a variety of pedagogical approaches for different learning styles
- Have a proven track record of creating equitable and inclusive curriculum and learning environments
- Be interested in using technology thoughtfully and creatively to enhance teaching and learning (Dana Hall School is a 1:1 iPad school)
- Be flexible and collaborative in working with department members and colleagues across disciplines
- Have experience coaching or leading school clubs
Dana Hall School seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and inclusive educational practices.