Upper School Science Teacher- AP Physics/Engineering
Worcester Academy, Worcester, MA
Worcester Academy seeks applicants for the position of Science Teacher in our Upper School.
Coverage is needed from Monday, December 5th through the end of the 2022-2023 school year to teach multiple sections of AP Physics and Engineering. We seek candidates who are eager to engage students with patience, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor.
This position will pay a competitive biweekly rate based on experience.
- Daily classroom instruction, including planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally appropriate manner with experience in differentiating instruction
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students about the trajectory of their learning
- Ongoing communication with colleagues and families
- Maintain course pages on myHILLTOP (assignments, gradebook, and topics)
- Advise and mentor a group of students
- A Bachelor’s degree and preferably a teaching certificate in Science
- The ability to passionately and effectively teach Upper School Science
- The ability to serve as an advisor and mentor to Upper School students
- A strong and sincere commitment to professional development both in pedagogy and content area
- Multicultural curriculum development and culturally responsive teaching experience are preferred
- Strong interpersonal and cultural competency skills when working with students, parents, faculty, and school leadership
- High standards and high expectations for students
- Commitment to being a positive and contributing member of the professional community
- A love of children, a passionate commitment to Science, and a desire to work with all types of learners
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills
- A proficiency in the use of technology
- A desire to work in a highly collaborative environment