Upper School Math/Science Teacher
Carroll School, Lincoln, MA
Upper School Math/Science Teacher
Located in Waltham, Lincoln, and Wayland, Massachusetts, Carroll School is an independent day school that serves students with language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia. Carroll School empowers children to become academically skilled students who are strong self-advocates and confident lifelong learners prepared to enter other academic settings. The Carroll Upper School is located on the Wayland campus and serves grades 8-9.
Carroll School recognizes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to ensuring students’ success and to empowering us all. These elements are critical to the culture of our adult community and a moral imperative. The work we do at Carroll changes lives. As such, we welcome candidates who have strong interpersonal and culturally responsive communication skills and a proven ability to interface professionally and collaboratively with a variety of constituents.
Research shows that people from underrepresented groups apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Carroll School encourages you to break that statistic and apply as it’s rare to find applicants who meet all the qualifications. We look forward to receiving your application.
Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salaries and benefits.
The Carroll School seeks teaching candidates with a growth mindset and a true passion and commitment to lifelong learning. Candidates who are motivated by helping students to attain a strong sense of identity, self-worth and who are eager to equip students with skills and strategies for academic success. The ideal candidate brings a collaborative style, is self-directed, child centered and values a community of highly engaged, compassionate, motivated educators who embrace and apply culturally responsive teaching practices. We are seeking candidates with experience and/or interest in teaching students with language-based learning differences and who are drawn to acquire the necessary competencies to successfully teach our type of learners.
- Teach a combination of 5 science and math classes/day consisting of 6-12 students: math classes may include pre-algebra, algebra 1, and/or geometry; science classes may include conceptual physics or biology
- Help place students in correct math course, monitor mathematics progress, and communicate math placement needs to families and next school
- Apply a multisensory, diagnostic, prescriptive approach to instruction
- Create highly focused data informed lesson plans specific to student’s needs
- Work with Upper School team to develop and customize grade level curriculum
- Develop positive working relationships with all constituencies; students, parents, colleagues and administration
- Serve as an advisor for up to 8 students
- Meet regularly with coach and teaching team and with administrators, and/or parents of students as needed
- Supply to school administrators grades, written comments, interim progress reports as required; participate in 4 annual parent conferences
- Integrate technology into academic classes and overall program
- May assist in after-school program activities
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- Massachusetts teaching license in Science, Math, or Moderate Special Needs preferred
- Have the ability to teach using multi-sensory education methods
- Willingness to train in highly specialized approaches to teaching students with language based learning differences
- Desire to teach multicultural curriculum
- Experience using multi-sensory education methods; familiarity with STEAM, Google Classroom, digital technologies a plus
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience preferred
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19