Upper School History Teacher (Grades 7-9)
Fay School, Southborough, MA
Fay School seeks a dynamic, flexible, and creative history teacher who understands how to engage and inspire middle school students in grades 7-9. Strong preference will be given to candidates with a subject-area degree and previous experience teaching history to middle school students. Outside the classroom, the history teacher is an advisor to a small group of students, coaches or assists in afternoon programs, and participates in the residential life program. This is a full-time position and is eligible for benefits. Campus housing may be available.
A bachelor’s degree in history, history teaching, education, or a related field is required. A master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Preparing and delivering engaging and developmentally appropriate lessons to grades 7-9 students
- Utilizing technology to enhance instruction and learning
- Assessing student performance and providing feedback that supports growth and development
- Conducting parent conferences and communicating effectively with parents and families
- Collaborating with colleagues in grade-level team meetings and department meetings
- As an advisor, serving as a primary point of contact for parents and families
- Engaging in two trimesters of afternoon duties as assigned
Fay School values teachers who believe in differentiated and developmentally-aligned approaches to teaching and learning, integrate instructional technology, understand the importance of cultural competence, and are attuned to the social and emotional growth of young students. Fay seeks candidates who will reflect and enhance the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community. Interested candidates should upload and submit a cover letter and resume to our secure faculty applicant portal linked HERE.
Fay School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetic background, age, disability, military service, or any other category protected under applicable law, in its hiring, employment or other programs and activities