Upper Elementary Teacher
Inly School, Scituate, MA
Inly School is an independent PreK–8 Montessori-plus School located in Scituate, MA, 25 miles south of Boston. It has a student population of approximately 340 students, 76 employees, and serves 20 towns on the South Shore.
At Inly School our dynamic Montessori+ practices inspire our inclusive community of learners to explore and shape ourselves and the world with joyful curiosity, courage and compassion. Our commitment to anti-racist and anti-bias teaching practices are the privilege and responsibility of every member of the Inly Community. Inly School actively seeks faculty, families and leadership who embrace and practice skills that reflect our Montessori core values of collaboration, respect, compassion and empathy.
Inly School seeks an experienced Upper Elementary teacher to team-teach in a multi-age elementary classroom (grades 4–6) beginning in August 2023.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with a co-teacher daily, and with colleagues more generally to design and continuously improve the academic program in alignment with Inly School strategic objectives and our Montessori core values. Curriculum responsibilities include comprehensive, age appropriate instruction in math, reading, writing, cultural studies, science, spelling, practical life and life skills.
- Create and maintain a prepared environment that is well ordered, clean, inviting, encourages student exploration and growth, and facilitates each student’s growing concentration and independence.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s individual progress and use those observations to record and plan future lessons that are developmentally and academically appropriate for each student.
- Invest in the whole child understanding that meeting the emotional needs of each student is a primary task of the Montessori educator.
- Actively participate and facilitate experiential learning in on-campus, off-campus and overnight field studies programs related to interdisciplinary project-based learning, place-based sustainability and ecology studies, community service and community building initiatives.
Strong Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree, preferred
- Montessori credential, ages 6-12 or 9-12, from an AMS-affiliated teacher education program preferred (training available for qualified candidates)
- Minimum three years teaching experience
- Experience with Lucy Calkins Writing Workshop and Fountas and Pinnell literacy program a plus
- Desire to collaborate and contribute to a progressive school environment
- An understanding of Montessori philosophy and pedagogy, as well as an interest in current educational research and innovative practices
- A demonstrated ability to embrace multicultural perspectives with experience building an inclusive environment and a commitment to anti-bias teaching practices
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance; supplemental life insurance available
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick (faculty only) and personal time
- Flexible spending plans for both medical and dependent care
- Tuition assistance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Life, AD&D (employer paid), Vision
- Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness
- Employer paid LTD, STD
- Free AM/PM Club and Discovery program for enrolled students of faculty
To apply for this position, please email your resumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.